- 1. There are 3 levels of electronic signature.
- 2. The electronic signature is legally valid throughout the European Union.
- 3. Anyone can issue an electronic signature certificate.
- 4. The scanned signature can replace an electronic signature.
- 5. With the electronic signature, I can sign any document.
- 6. Technical skills are required to use an electronic signature solution.
- 7. Electronic signatures are only for big companies
- 8. It costs more to use an electronic signature provider than to sign manually.
- 9. I can sign electronically on all mobile devices.
Do you want to test your knowledge of electronic signatures? This is all the more important if you are confronted with it on a daily basis!
Our team has prepared 9️⃣ received ideas, all topics, from practical to legal. So it's up to you: TRUE or FALSE?
1. There are 3 levels of electronic signature.
The difference between the three types of signature concerns the level of security and the stages of validation of the identity of the signatory, which may be more or less advanced:
- the simple signature: first stage of security and legal recognition of the signature of a document,
- the advanced signature: has higher security levels because it must meet more demanding identity verification criteria,
- the qualified signature: is the most advanced stage in terms of security, and is subject to regulatory constraints regarding verification of the identity of the signatory and protection of the signature key.
2. The electronic signature is legally valid throughout the European Union.
Each EU country has transposed the eIDAS regulation into national law. And, yes this also applies to the United-Kingdom even though Brexit has come into force.
It is also responsible for identifying eIDAS-compliant trusted service providers and issuing them with a certification recognised at European level.
The electronic signature is therefore regulated and used by other countries. At Yousign, we are also active in the Italian and German markets.
3. Anyone can issue an electronic signature certificate.
4. The scanned signature can replace an electronic signature.
Unlike the electronic signature, the scanned handwritten signature has no legal value for several reasons:
- It is impossible to identify the signatory,
- It is impossible to consent to the obligations arising from the document.
5. With the electronic signature, I can sign any document.
TRUE with some exceptions ⬇
Even if the digital signature applies to all sectors and trades, there are some exceptions defined in Article 1175 of the Civil Code for two categories of private documents:
- documents related to family law or those concerning successions. Examples: mandate for future protection, holographic will, PACS agreement, undivided property agreement;
- private surety acts such as the surety for a rental lease are also an exception. Examples: joint and several guarantee on a private basis, tangible pledge, pledge...
The rest of the authentic instruments and private agreements can be signed by electronic signature. However, some documents require specific levels of electronic signature.
6. Technical skills are required to use an electronic signature solution.
An electronic signature solution allows you to sign your documents quickly and simply, without breaking your head, both on application and on API and all in an intuitive way.
With Yousign: send, swipe: it's signed!
👉 Connect to Yousign
👉 Upload the document from your computer or the cloud
👉Set up the document by adding the required fields
👉Add an attachment to the procedure if needed
👉Choose the signatories and indicate their contact details
👉Click on "Send" and you're done!
For their part, the signatories will be able to accept or not the contract by clicking on "sign" after they have read it in its entirety and confirmed their identity: you will be informed in real time of their actions if necessary.
7. Electronic signatures are only for big companies
On the contrary, SMBs and independents are looking for an immediate response to simple needs in terms of digitisation and need more than ever solutions that suit their needs!
8. It costs more to use an electronic signature provider than to sign manually.
On average, up to 3% of a company's overall turnover is assigned to paper-related expenses!
At Yousign, we offer affordable rates tailored to different requirements.
We also have a turnkey offer dedicated to freelancers and independents called “One”, that starts at just 9€ / month.
9. I can sign electronically on all mobile devices.
It displays the information (text, image and video) differently depending on your screen size on an appropriate dashboard.
So, are you still unsure about the electronic signature? Reach out to one of our experts !