- Creating your free Yousign account
- 1️⃣How do I access the free Yousign online signature?
- 2️⃣ How long will my free trial last?
- 3️⃣ What happens after this period?
- 4️⃣ Do I need to enter a credit card to use the free electronic signature for 14 days?
- Managing your free trial period
- 5️⃣ Are the electronic signatures created during my free trial legally binding?
- 6️⃣ What are the limits on my plan during this period?
- 7️⃣ How much would I be charged for using Yousign after the 14-day period?
- 8️⃣How can I test the Yousign electronic signature API?
- Why you should try the free Yousign electronic signature
- 9️⃣Which formats are included?
- Why use our free Yousign signatures?
Creating a free electronic signature is easy with Yousign!
💪 Our solution works with all document types and all sectors.
More than 7000 businesses have already used Yousign to redesign their workflows and energise their business.
In this article, we’ve collected 10 questions that may still be on your mind.
Creating your free Yousign account
1️⃣How do I access the free Yousign online signature?
To create your free Yousign account, go to “Free trial” and take a few minutes to fill out . Click on the button and your 14-day free trial will begin.
☝️ Note: only the sender needs to have a Yousign account in order for the process to work. The signer does not need one.
2️⃣ How long will my free trial last?
Once you create your Yousign account, your electronic signature free trial will last 14 days.
3️⃣ What happens after this period?
⌛ You may continue to access Yousign and view your documents, contacts and data, but you will not be able to send new documents for signature.
We retain the audit trail for each signature: it will remain accessible and will be archived for a period of 10 years after the date of signature with Arkhinéo, an EU-certified third-party archiver.
To continue to use our platform, you will have to purchase one of our paid plans.
☝️ Note:archiving lets us keep your original digital documents in a secure location, while complying with the retention periods required by your profession or for administrative purposes.
4️⃣ Do I need to enter a credit card to use the free electronic signature for 14 days?
0 commitments, 0 credit cards required!
That’s our motto for our free eSignature.
☝️ Note: you may select your preferred payment method if you decide to convert to a paid plan after your free trial.
Managing your free trial period
5️⃣ Are the electronic signatures created during my free trial legally binding?
Yes, we never do things halfway!
All signatures created via our platform are eIDAS-compliant and are legally binding in France and all countries of the European Union, whether you have a paid plan or a free trial.
👀 Further reading: want to know more about this topic? Our team offers detailed content on the validity of Yousign electronic signatures in the European Union.
6️⃣ What are the limits on my plan during this period?
The free trial includes:
- access to a certain number of simple electronic signatures and unlimited documents
- up to 10 members of your team may collaborate on Yousign
the features of our Pro plan.
🔧 For example: in-person and remote signing, templates, workflows, initials, automatic reminders, etc.
7️⃣ How much would I be charged for using Yousign after the 14-day period?
Yousign is committed to helping VSBs, SMEs and freelancers grow their business.
Our prices can be tailored to your needs and are 100% transparent: you’ll know how much you’ll be charged for every month. For more information on the application’s prices, visit our pricing page.
Read more about our efforts to help digitalise SMEs and VSBs with our dedicated guide (also 100% free 😊).
8️⃣How can I test the Yousign electronic signature API?
Why you should try the free Yousign electronic signature
9️⃣Which formats are included?
Avec l’essai offert par Yousign, vous pouvez signer gratuitement les 3 formats suivants sans avoir à sourciller :
The ability to sign a PDF document directly without all these extra, time-consuming steps is crucial, but only if everything can be done in an environment with very high security requirements.
💡 Want to know more about free PDF signatures? Go to our dedicated page.
In order to guarantee the security and inalterability of the signature and the document, you must first convert your Word file to PDF format. Your Word electronic signature will then be unalterable, which will make the electronic signature secure.
Same process as for Word: the initial PDF conversion step is required, as this format is unalterable and therefore ideal for documents that need to be secure.
💡 More details can be found on our dedicated page for Excel electronic signatures
Why use our free Yousign signatures?
The advantages of our free trial period:
- Any documents sent out for signature remain signable after your free trial is over
- You can access all your documents, contacts and data after your free trial is over
- Your audit trail remains accessible for 10 years after signature.