Has your company entered a phase of accelerated growth? You're at a decisive crossroads in the life of your business. At this stage, having solid and reliable partners is not only an option, it's an obligation.
Problem: you'll have to navigate through this important period, paying close attention to one particularly decisive criterion: your time management.
So we've put together our best tips for you to manage your time better!
PS : read until the end for a special gift 🎁
The S.M.A.R.T method
Start by setting quarterly goals. Each of your tasks should contribute to those goals.
Good objectives must follow the S.M.A.R.T. methodology. According to this method, they must be :
- Specific: The objectives must be clearly defined. You need to be specific and clear about what you want to accomplish.
- Measurable: Your goals must be measurable to ensure that you have met or surpassed them.
- Achievable: You must be sure that your goals are within your reach with the resources you have.
- Realistic: The environment and the situation of the company must be taken into account when setting your objectives.
The Eisenhower Matrix
It is quite complicated to prioritize our daily tasks when we have a lot of them. The Eisenhower matrix will allow you to know what is important to you and what can be delegated or postponed.
Organize your To-do list according to these 4 principles: Do / Decide / Delegate / Delete.
The Pomodoro Technique
Taking regular breaks is a fundamental point not to be neglected: our brain needs to rest for a few minutes between each task to recharge itself. In this case, it is very useful to use the famous Pomodoro Technique. This involves alternating between 25 minutes of non-stop work and a 5-minute break. The goal is to maximize your concentration level.
A rested brain has much more energy and works significantly better. This method is also very useful to avoid procrastination 😌
Organize your time
To better manage and use your time, the 60/20/20 rule is a classic! Here's how to best organize yourself:
- Use 60% of your time on tasks that require your expertise, or those where your added value is indisputable.
- Dedicate 20% of your time to pure planning: that is to say, to the resources needed to run your business properly.
- Dedicate 20% of your time to the global strategy of the company: how to improve the global performance of the company, the user experience, or the pricing model.
Focus on the essential!
Digitalization has made it possible to automate time-consuming tasks, so why not take advantage of it?
On average, 142 working days per year are spent on administrative tasks. It is essential to focus on the most important issues and automate your tasks thanks to several digital tools:
- CRMs : For better customer support and management with tools like Salesforce, Sellsy, Anaba, ...
- Instant messaging tools: To exchange live with your teams, several tools exist to help you like Slack, Skype, Microsoft Teams, ...
- ERPs: Widely used tools to manage all the processes of your company via a single solution. There are several of them such as Sage, Oracle, ...
- Billing and accounting management tools: Payfit, Penny Lane,...
- Electronic signature: Signing your documents with an e-signature solution like Yousign will reduce the time spent on administrative tasks by up to 75%!
By implementing these different techniques, you will become an expert in time management!
Would you like to have all of these tips right at your fingertips? Or communicate them more easily to your colleagues?
🎁 We've prepared a factsheet with all the information you need to better manage your time effectively! We even added some illustrations to make it clearer for you. Download it for free below ⬇